Sunday, April 5, 2009

ROOF WALKERS

Hey Zebra Man, what you doing up there?
---Comin’ to see you!---
Why you walking on the rooftops?
---Comin’ to see you!---
Hey Zebra Man, how come you don’t walk through the front door?
---Because when I come through the front door, I’m a man.
But when you see me coming over
the rooftops, I’m
From somewhere else.---
Hey Zebra Man, where you comin’ from?
---From the other side, from the Old Times, I
Come from the Spirit Place.---
What are you doing up there Zebra Man? What can you see?
---I’m looking for signs and signals. I’m seeing things
Up here I just can’t see from the ground.---
Hey Zebra Man, how come you’ve got those funny striped horns?
---Maybe I make you laugh, and maybe you
Don’t see what I’m working on till I’m good and ready.---
Hey Zebra Man, how come you come my way walking over the roofs?
---So’s I make sure you see me.
So’s I make sure you don’t miss a single one of my tricks.---
Hey Zebra Man, how come you come my way walking over the roofs?
---So’s I make sure the People see me, and the Other Ones don’t.---
Hey Zebra Man, who are the Other Ones?
--- Shhhhh! You know Who.---

No comments:

Post a Comment